Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Red House Painters - Ocean Beach (1995) & Songs For a Blue Guitar (1996)




Remember when I said I thought the Red House Painters' music was boring? Well, I take that back. Admittedly, I only listened to Down Colorful Hill and Rollercoaster and neglected the latter half of their discography because I thought it was going to sound the same, but Ocean Beach and Songs For a Blue Guitar are both seriously great records. Still the same slow-tempoed music, but a little more kick in the music, making it a little livelier. Also, "San Geronimo" is a jam. Without a doubt, these two are my favorites in their discography. 

I've been on a Mark Kozelek binge lately. He's probably going to be the soundtrack to my summer.

Ocean Beach track list:
1. Cabezon
2. Summer Dress
3. San Geronimo
4. Shadows
5. Over My Head
6. Red Carpet
7. Brockwell Park
8. Moments
9. Drop

Sifting through crackling vinyl,
Lost memories of my youth
are coming into view.

Songs For a Blue Guitar track list:
1. Have You Forgotten
2. Songs For a Blue Guitar
3. Make Like Paper
4. Priest Alley Song
5. Trailways
6. Feel the Rain Fall
7. Long Distance Runaround
8. All Mixed Up
9. Revelation Big Sur
10. Sill Love Songs
11. Another Song For a Blue Guitar

Have you forgotten how to love yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment