Thursday, May 17, 2018

Playboi Carti - Die Lit (2018)


Who saw this coming? Carti's debut studio album is filled with some of the best trap production I've heard this latter half of the decade. That isn't saying much since trap music is usually very skeletal and hit-or-miss. But I digress, the beats on here are so glossy and textured, it makes the album an addicting listen. I do credit my enjoyment of the album mostly to the producers. While Carti's ad-lib filled flow has a lot of personality and functions well for the album, I can't say it's what makes me return to this album. Bonus points for the album cover, though.

Track list:
1. Long Time - Intro
2. R.I.P.
3. Lean 4 Real (feat. Skepta)
4. Old Money
5. Love Hurts (feat. Travis Scott)
6. Shoota (feat. Lil Uzi Vert)
7. Right Now (feat. Pi'erre Bourne)
8. Poke It Out (feat. Nicki Minaj)
9. Home (KOD)
10. Fell In Luv (feat. Bryson Tiller)
11. Foreign
12. Pull Up
13. Mileage (feat. Chief Keef)
14. FlatBed Freestyle
15. No Time (feat. Gunna)
16. Middle of the Summer (feat. Red Coldhearted)
17. Choppa Won't Miss (feat. Young Thug)
18. R.I.P. Fredo (feat. Young Nudy) - Notice Me
19. Top (feat. Pi'erre Bourne)

I'd rather die than come in last

No comments:

Post a Comment