Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Jon Hopkins - Singularity (2018)


House techno music is a genre I don't explore very often not because I dislike it, but because I have not found an album to drive me into searching. I remember being a mild deadmau5 fan in high school, but that was when my music tastes were immature and I was nowhere near as broad with my album searches. Jon Hopkins' latest release, however, gives me that breath of fresh air and now I am just craving for more compelling house albums like this one. Very pure, vibrant compositions driven by a pounding bass beat. It sounds like the soundtrack to a nocturnal adventure in the city. Highly recommended listen. I can see this in my top 10 for 2018. Best listened to with over-ear headphones on at nighttime.

Track list:
1. Singularity
2. Emerald Rush
3. Neon Pattern Drum
4. Everything Connected
5. Feel First Life
6. C O S M
7. Echo Dissolve
8. Luminous Beings
9. Recovery

The Club for the Introverts

No comments:

Post a Comment