Friday, July 13, 2018

Deafheaven - Ordinary Corrupt Human Love (2018)


Sorry for even more inactivity. Life has been very dynamic at the moment and it's hard to break-in this habit when you have your hands full and mind racing. Haven't even had much of a chance to listen to new music. :( But today, I finally have an opportunity to post. I'm listening to the new Deafheaven album which is yet another pleasant surprise for 2018. I've always loved Deafheaven. Sunbather is undoubtedly one of my favorite albums of all time and I'm confident in the band's ability to produce another stellar record. I guess I just was not really in the mood for a new Deafheaven album prior to the album release. But, as the fates have it their way, I find myself in the melancholic mood that's perfect to listen to a new Deafheaven record.

I've already read some reviews prior to listening to Ordinary Corrupt Human Love and a lot of critics say it sounds like nothing else in their discography, but I'd have to disagree. It sounds like a synthesis of Sunbather and New Bermuda with a little more of a post-rock edge. Nevertheless, the instruments still sound so pretty and the blackgaze moments on the album are always compelling. New Bermuda was a record that sounded stale to me after a while, but I think that Ordinary Corrupt Human Love is a necessary step backwards with intentions of moving in a newer direction. Fans of the band will be pleased with this new installment to their excellent discography.

Track list:
1. You Without End
2. Honeycomb
3. Canary Yellow
4. Near
5. Glint
6. Night People
7. Worthless Animal 

An everlasting night,
A handsome night,
My lover's blood rushes right through me

No comments:

Post a Comment